|Event/course Code||BSS 20/078
|Event Introduction||In a fast paced busy learning environment it is often hard to keep up to date with the latest learning, yet we know that as leaders and managers it is vitally important that you do. The Leadership Centre of Excellence is hosting a Leadership Summit follow up for our AfC staff to develop and update their skills and knowledge in people management.
This workshop will support our leaders and managers to prepare and run a successful recruitment campaign. This workshop will ensure that all our hiring managers are aware of the AfC processes and how to attract candidates. This session is one of the three mandatory events that AfC leaders and managers will need to complete during this week.
These learning events are for all leaders in the organisation who have line management responsibility. The workshops will bring colleagues together to share best practice, hear about developments with the organisation and refresh knowledge.
|Event Content||The Centre of Excellence is a virtual space through which we share exciting learning and development opportunities. The idea of the Centre is to provide you, our leaders and managers, with the space and time to learn and develop in your roles. We recognise that you are all busy people so the Leadership Summit will enable you to access bite sized learning content.
This workshop covers all the practical skills a leader and manager will need to run a permanent recruitment campaign, including long-term recruitment processes, writing job descriptions and person specifications, developing relationships and attracting quality candidates.
In addition to the above, the workshop will cover:
• the essential tools for different recruitment and selection methods.
• the legal context of recruitment and selection, and how to select appropriate recruitment channels.
|Event Learning Outcomes||By the end of the session delegates will:
• Be able to describe and understand the Law as it relates to recruitment.
• Understand how to write job profiles in the new world.
• Be able to describe how to screen applicants.
• Know how to set up and structure a successful interview.
• Develop methods to conduct an interview using effective questioning techniques.
• Adopt techniques that will assist in make an objective assessment of candidates.
• Have practised the techniques and received feedback.
|Course categories||Business and Management Skills|
|Event/course administrator||Jess Treloggan (email@example.com)|
Please login to view costs applicable to your Organisation.