|Event/course Code||EDU 20/216
|Event/course type||Training course|
|Event Introduction||‘Home-based childcare provides children and their families with a home-from-home childcare environment, which for the parents enables them to build up a friendly rapport with their child’s caregiver, and the process of walking into someone’s home, instantly puts you at ease, making the parent as well as the child feel comfortable.’ (Kathy Brodie, 2019)
Introduction to Childminding will introduce the learner to working as a home based child carer such as a childminder or a nanny. This course will support learners to develop policies and procedures that are required for Ofsted registration which will reflect current legislation requirements, including the Early Years Foundation Stage. It will enable the learner to develop the common core skills and the basic business skills that they will need to set up and maintain a successful home based child care service.
Please note to enrol on this course the Becoming a Childminder - Briefing Session must be attended.
|Event Content||During this course learners will also cover the importance of working in partnership with parents, providing a safe environment and how to promote equality, diversity and inclusion. Learners will develop a good understanding of child development and how to use this to observe children, plan to promote their learning, promote positive behaviour and safeguard children from harm.
Assessment for this course is through the completion of three tasks. The assessment tasks will cover the statutory policies around:
• risk assessment to ensure the individual has assessed the suitability of their premises.
Learners must attend 100% of sessions and complete the course tasks to receive a certificate of attendance which will provide evidence for Ofsted/Childminder Agency registration.
The qualification is suitable for learners wishing to work as:
• registered childminders
• childminding assistants
• home childcarers (nannies)
• au pairs
This course will be delivered by an Inclusion and Improvement Advisor from Achieving for Children’s Early Years and Childcare Service.
|Event Learning Outcomes||By the end of this course, learners will be able to:
• Identify current legislation and regulation in relation to home-based childcare
• Explore how to work in partnership with parents and other agencies
• Demonstrate how to risk assess and provide a safe environment for children
• Describe how to support the safeguarding, protection and welfare of children
• Consider how to promote equality, diversity and inclusion
• Analyse children’s developmental milestones
• Identify and manage children's behaviour
• Evaluate the role of observation in promoting children's learning and development and for effective transitions
• Explain how to run a childminding business in regard to contracts and finance
• Clarify the registration process
|Trainers||Lucy Chester / Helen Swan|
|Expiry Date||Tuesday 23 January 2024|
|Course categories||Business and Management Skills|
|Event/course administrator||Workforce Development (email@example.com)|
Please login to view costs applicable to your Organisation.