|Event/course Code||HLTH 18/084
|Event/course type||Training course|
|Event Introduction||The 3 day First aid at work course is designed to provide delegates with greater in depth knowledge of life saving techniques and first aid skills, ensuring the safety of individuals across low and high risk environments. This course is mapped to the requirements on First Aid put forward by the HSE (Health and Safety Executive).
This course is for individuals who want to receive a thorough level or training and are often the site or premises designated first aider.
The facilitators are highly skilled and knowledgeable, ensuring the session will be a valuable source of information for the relevant staff member.
Successful students receive an accredited certificate which is valid for 3 years. Students are then recommended to maintain their knowledge by attending the Emergency First Aid at Work 1-day course which acts as a refresher.
|Event Content||The First Aid training must be relevant to those who will have to deal with First Aid emergency situations specific to adults. This course is 18 hours long which is specific by the HSE and meets the contact time needed to qualify for a full First Aid at Work course. The course itself will provide the following content.
Understand regulations relating to First aid
• Health and Safety (First aid) regulations
Be able to provide first aid for an adult :
• Who is unresponsive
• Who is choking
• Who has external wounds (bleeding)
• With Injuries (minor and severe) to bones, muscles and joints including suspecting spinal injuries
• Who has been burnt
• Who is experiencing chest pains (Myocardial infarction)
• Who has sustained injuries to the eyes
• Who has a head injury
Understand how to administer emergency first aid to an individual with a chronic medical condition or sudden illness such as;
• Low or high glucose level
• Severe allergic reaction
As with all of Achieving for Children’s suite of health and safety courses, those that attend will be well equipped to meet their statutory requirements. The courses are practical, informative and interactive. To further develop and refresh their skills it is recommended that delegates also attend the Emergency First Aid at Work 1-day course during the 3-year validity of this qualification.
|Event Learning Outcomes||On completion of training the delegate who has completed the assessment will be able to:
• Illustrate an understanding of how to act and what actions to take in emergency situations relating to adults.
• Identify an emergency situation and respond with the appropriate action.
• Identify and where applicable administer first aid skills needed in an emergency situation.
• Demonstrate an understanding of the roles required of the designated first aider.
• Identify which techniques should be used in specific emergency situations.
|Expiry Date||Friday 10 June 2022|
|Course categories||Health and Safety|
|Event/course administrator||Anaïs Soto (firstname.lastname@example.org)|
Please login to view costs applicable to your Organisation.