|Event/course Code||BSS 20/080
|Event/course type||E-learning / Workshop|
|Event Introduction||In a fast paced busy learning environment it is often hard to keep up to date with the latest learning, yet we know that as leaders and managers it is vitally important that you do. The Leadership Centre of Excellence is hosting a Leadership Summit follow up for our AfC staff to develop and update their skills and knowledge in people management.
This workshop will support our leaders and managers to prepare an effective welcome for new members of staff and ensure that the first 90 days in post are valuable and purposeful. This session is one of the three mandatory events that AfC leaders and managers will need to complete during this week.
These learning events are for all leaders in the organisation who have line management responsibility. The workshops will bring colleagues together to share best practice, hear about developments with the organisation and refresh knowledge.
|Event Content||The Centre of Excellence is a virtual space through which we share exciting learning and development opportunities. The idea of the Centre is to provide you, our leaders and managers, with the space and time to learn and develop in your roles. We recognise that you are all busy people so the Leadership Summit will enable you to access bite sized learning content.
If done well, the induction process will support that new employee to start their new role in the best possible way. Induction lays the foundations for important relationships within teams across the whole organisation. The session will cover the following:
• Creating first impressions, what messages do our new starters need to know about the work environment?
• What policies and procedures should our new starters be aware of?
• What is the hiring managers role in induction and probation?
|Event Learning Outcomes||By the end of the session delegates will:
• Be able to describe and understand the law as it relates to induction and probation.
• Have greater awareness of and understand further the new induction process.
• Know their role and be able to support the implementation of the new induction process.
• Have an understanding of the probation process.
• Be able to describe own role in the probation process.
|Course categories||Business Skills|
|Event/course administrator||Jess Treloggan (firstname.lastname@example.org)|
Please login to view costs applicable to your Organisation.