|Event/course Code||EDU 19/1007
|Event Introduction||Maintaining an awareness of issues surrounding equality and diversity is essential to any organisation. This revealing course is split into four modules to thoroughly explore the issues involved and their relevance to us all, including protections laid out in the Equality Act 2010.
With this course you will learn inclusion in terms of equality and diversity and the universal benefits of promoting an inclusive workplace. The course discusses protected characteristics and explains the problems surrounding prejudice and discrimination.
This course is intended for anyone who would like to improve their knowledge around issues of equality and diversity, and is suitable for any workplace or training setting.
|Event Content||Not only are all workplaces required to comply with the Equality Act, but multiple research studies have demonstrated that a diverse workforce leads to better outcomes for organisations. In order to achieve diverse and inclusive workplaces, all employees need to have a good understanding of inclusion and how to tackle discrimination.
This eLearning course is broken up into four modules:
1) Introduction to Equality and Diversity
2) Protected Characteristics and The Equality Act
3) Prejudice and Discrimination
This eLearning course is part of AfC induction programme and all AfC staff will be expected to successfully complete it.
In order to receive their certificate, delegates will need to complete all sections of the eLearning course and the evaluation.
|Event Learning Outcomes||On completion of this course, delegates will be able to:
• Recognise inequality and its impact
• Identify challenges relating to equality and diversity faced by organisations
• Learn to recognise and tackle discrimination
• Define what inclusion means in terms of equality and diversity
• Recognise ways you can improve your own behaviour and practice to promote inclusion and challenge prejudice
|Course categories||SEND, Inclusion and Behaviour|
|Event/course administrator||Workforce Development (firstname.lastname@example.org)|
Please login to view costs applicable to your Organisation.