|Event/course Code||EY 21/005
|Event Introduction||The wellbeing of staff is a key area of focus for Achieving for Children and it’s partners. Social work, SEN casework, family support work, family therapy, youth work, management, teaching, business support, early years are all highly demanding, pressured and challenging jobs. They can be both physically and emotionally draining. Support for children, young people and their families should be enhanced with support for the staff working with them. This course provides a space for staff to think about their own emotional wellbeing and consider new strategies to enhance and prioritise their own wellness.
This course is for all staff working in schools, youth services, family support. The course will provide an opportunity to discuss our own emotional wellbeing and stress in more detail including how to recognise the signs of stress and consider what support can be useful by looking at a variety of different techniques.
|Event Content||Positive staff wellbeing can have a number of benefits for organisations, including improved job satisfaction, reduced absences from work, increased productivity, staff feeling invested in and improved outcomes for the children and families they work with.
This course will cover:
• Signs and symptoms of stress.
• How to look after yourself physically and emotionally.
• A brief overview of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and how this can be used to support your emotional wellbeing.
• A brief overview and practical exercise of Mindfulness and how this can be used to support your own emotional wellbeing.
The training will be delivered through a variety of methods including small group exercises, case studies and through various multimedia such as Powerpoint and DVD clips.
The course will be delivered by a member of AfC’s Emotional Health Service.
Delegates that have previously attended this training provided the following feedback:
‘Fantastic course, it made me realise that I need to think about my well being more and how I can improve the well being of the team I manage.’
‘The Trainer was fantastic and made the course so interesting, interactive and well thought out. Highly recommend to all staff.’
|Event Learning Outcomes||By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
• Describe and recognise signs of stress
• Explain Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
• Explain and utilise mindfulness
• Demonstrate an increased understanding of what support is available to support practitioner wellbeing
• Create a personalised wellbeing plan
|Course categories||Wellbeing at Work|
Please login to view costs applicable to your Organisation.