|Event/course Code||EDU 18/434
|Event/course type||Training course|
|Event Introduction||This one day course provides an opportunity for trustees and governors to work alongside senior staff to explore and refine the ways in which the core functions of governance are addressed.
This course targets a group of up to 10 attendees from each participating school/academy. The group can comprise a mix of Governors, the Clerk, and members of SLT. During the session, delegates will explore how best to secure effective, distributed, and strategic leadership.
Governor Support recommend the following series of CPD sessions are covered by all Boards in chronological order.
Trilogy of Effective Governance CPD sessions:
1. Leading in Governance (previously titled 'Taking the Chair) - aimed at all governors, irrespective of whether they hold the position of chair, vice-chair, chair of committees. This session will assist all governors to understand the role of leadership across the board and engage in effective governance through constructive feedback and self-evaluation. It will also support robust succession strategies across the board.
2. Leading in Partnership - aimed at the Headteacher together with the chair of governors (or co-chairs).
3. Distributed Leadership - aimed at the whole board, SBM and Clerk.
Please note: This course is fully funded for any schools that subscribe to premium SPARK package or stand alone governor support.
|Event Content||Promoting Disturbed Leadership is designed to provide an opportunity for school/academy boards and Leadership Teams to explore and respond to the implications of the heightened focus on governance by Ofsted when judging leadership and management.
The content, whilst drawing on examples of best practice, will also encourage reflection on and review of existing policy and practice in each school/academy.
Through a mixture of input, small group activity and whole group discussions, we aim to ensure that boards will demonstrate the features of effective governance whilst working constructively with staff.
A maximum of 5 boards will be invited to each workshop. Please note that some preparation will be required. Pre course preparation will be circulated for distribution to all participants one week prior to the date of the course.
The session will be facilitated by Michele Robbins. Michele has extensive experience as a trainer, Chair and NPQH tutor/assessor in all categories of schools.
|Event Learning Outcomes||By the end of the day Governing Boards will be able to:
• Demonstrate a better understanding of the boundaries of strategic and operational leadership and management, and the respective roles and responsibilities of boards and leadership teams.
• Review and refine how the board engages with staff, pupils and parents in strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation to maximise school improvement.
• Identify practices to maximise the motivation, engagement and wellbeing of all governors/trustees and staff.
• Build capacity, commitment and sustainability within the board.
• Action plan to maximise the impact of the board and staff on school improvement.
|Expiry Date||Sunday 5 June 2022|
|Course categories||Governor Support|
Please login to view costs applicable to your Organisation.