|Event/course Code||EDU 19/593
|Event/course type||Training course|
|Event Introduction||The Paediatric First Aid training course is designed for people caring for children in any organisation setting. It is suitable for au pairs, nannies, childminders, school staff, nursery and pre-school workers, sport and leisure staff, crèche leaders, parents and anyone responsible for the welfare of children.
In order to meet the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) framework at least one person who has a current paediatric first aid certificate must be on the premises, and available at all times when children are present, and must accompany children on outings. Childminders and any assistants, who might be in sole charge of the children for any period of time, must hold a current paediatric first aid certificate.This course is highly interactive and will require delegates to participate over the two days. In order to be awarded the certificate of attendance, delegates must stay for the duration of the course and exhibit that they have achieved the required learning.
|Event Content||Paediatric first aid training is relevant for workers caring for young children and where appropriate, babies. Providers should take into account the number of children, staff and layout of premises to ensure that a paediatric first aider is able to respond to emergencies quickly.
The course will cover the following content, which is also in line with the EYFS (2017) requirements.
Be able to provide first aid for an infant and a child:
• Who is unresponsive and breathing normally, including child and infant resuscitation.
• Who is unresponsive and not breathing normally.
• Who has a foreign body airway obstruction.
• With external bleeding.
• With injuries to bones, joints and muscles.
Understand how to administer emergency first aid to an infant and a child with a chronic medical condition or sudden illness:
• Sickle cell crisis.
• Diabetic emergencies.
• Asthma attack.
• Allergic reaction.
• Febrile convulsions.
Understand how to administer first aid to an infant and a child:
• Who is experiencing the effects of extreme heat and cold.
• Who has sustained an electric shock.
• With burns or scalds.
• Who has been poisoned.
• Who has been bitten or stung.
• With minor injuries, including cuts, grazes, bumps and bruises, small splinters and nose bleeds.
• With conditions affecting the eyes, ears and nose.
• With head and spinal injuries.
• With anaphylaxis.
• Who is suffering from shock.
Understand how to complete records relating to illnesses, injuries and emergencies.
The course is interactive and will be led by an experienced trainer who will use a variety of methods to engage delegates in the training.
|Event Learning Outcomes||By the end of this training delegates who have successfully completed the assessment will:
• Qualify to be a nominated Paediatric First Aider in their setting.
• Be able to demonstrate the ability to identify situations where first aid is required.
• Recognise treatments to be employed when providing first aid to a child or infant.
• Use appropriate processes to record incidents and accidents.
• Be able to ensure that first aid supplies are sufficient and appropriately maintained.
|Expiry Date||Friday 24 February 2023|
|Course categories||Health and Safety|
Please login to view costs applicable to your Organisation.