|Reason for cancellation||Low Numbers|
|Event/course Code||SFVSS 18/175
|Event Introduction||A series of workshops designed to develop the skills of the early years SENCo’s. Each workshop will focus on a different aspect of being a SENCo and provide practical training on each aspect. The course will build on the knowledge and existing training and equip delegates with a wide range of skills.
With increasing demands on the role of an Early Years SENCo this series of workshops will be relevant to all in the sector, regardless of experience. Delegates will have an opportunity to build a range of skills by attending any or all 12 of these workshops.
|Event Content||Each workshop will focus on a specific aspect of the role of an early years SENCo. A broad range of relevant topics has been identified by the early years team and these will be delivered every half-term so a practitioner wanting to work through all of the workshops will have completed the programme over two years.
The topics will be:
1) Completing an Education, Health, Care assessment
2) Small group time, to include turn taking/listening and attention activities
3) Applying for EYSIF
4) Practical Ideas for Messy Play
5) Navigating the Local Offer
6) Record keeping and Making Referrals
7) ITP/IEP Writing
8) Using Visual Timetables
10) ABC's of Behaviour
11) The Law
Sessions will be delivered by the early years team in association with relevant professionals. The role and responsibilities of the SENCo in the early years are in constant flux, with changing legislation, new funding streams and parental expectations.
These sessions will aim to provide delegates with a wide range of practical skills as well as an increased knowledge and understanding of all the topics covered.
|Event Learning Outcomes||By the end of the workshop delegates will be able to:
• Analyse every aspect of navigating the Local Offer pages to be able to access a wealth of SEND information
• Explore and confidently navigate the site, access events and all relevant information –
• Explain and be able to signpost parents and colleagues to relevant information on the Local Offer
• Locate and search for events on the Local Offer
• Identify and access all relevant information on EHCPs
|Course categories||SEND, Inclusion and Behaviour|
Please login to view costs applicable to your Organisation.