|Event/course Code||BSS 20/023
|Event Introduction||The Leadership Summit is here! In a fast paced busy learning environment it is often hard to keep up to date with the latest learning, yet we know that as leaders and managers it is vitally important that you do. The Leadership Centre of Excellence is hosting a Leadership Summit in February 2020 for our AfC staff to develop and update their skills and knowledge in people management.
This workshop is focussed on supporting our leaders and managers to develop the best possible techniques to confidently manage sickness & absenteeism in the workplace. We know that failing to manage absenteeism and sickness at work is an expensive business and costs the public sector a considerable amount of money each year. If we work together to effectively manage absence at work, we can avoid those challenges in AfC. The aim of this workshop is to share with leaders and managers the policy on managing sickness and discuss how those in managerial roles can improve staff motivation and wellbeing whilst reducing poor attendance.
These learning events are for all leaders in the organisation who have line management responsibility. The workshops will bring colleagues together to share best practice, hear about developments with the organisation and refresh knowledge.
|Event Content||The Centre of Excellence is a virtual space through which we share exciting learning and development opportunities. The idea of the Centre is to provide you, our leaders and managers, with the space and time to learn and develop in your roles. We recognise that you are all busy people so the Leadership Summit will enable you to access bite sized learning content across one week in February.
During this session HR will ensure leaders and managers are:
• aware of the sickness absence process.
• understand legal compliance.
• are competent to follow the correct processes.
• know when to take appropriate medical advice and will consider the key issues to minimise risk.
The facilitators will ensure this session is interactive and will guide delegates through these particular issues, equipping them with practical skills to deal with sickness effectively.
Delegates will be encouraged to share real life experiences and examples from their place of work.
|Event Learning Outcomes||By the end of the session delegates will:
• Be able to identify the top 10 absence issues facing AfC.
• Have knowledge of the Company ill health policy.
• Be aware of the skills to facilitate ill health discussions and know own role in the process.
• Be able to describe the steps in a return to work interview.
• Have greater confidence in conducting formal meetings under the policy.
• Know how to record, monitor and review absences.
|Course categories||Business and Management Skills|
|Event/course administrator||Jess Treloggan (firstname.lastname@example.org)|
Please login to view costs applicable to your Organisation.