|Event/course Code||EY 16/426
|Event Introduction||By teaching children healthy eating habits, and modelling these behaviours, you can help children maintain a healthy weight and normal growth. Also, the eating habits your children pick up when they are young will help them maintain a healthy lifestyle when they are adults.
Nutrition and Healthy Eating is aimed at nursery practitioners including cooks and chefs, as everyone has a responsibility to support the health and wellbeing of children they care for.
|Event Content||This online course aims to develop a practitioner's knowledge and understanding of healthy, balanced and nutritious foods and drinks. It covers key legislation, why healthy eating is important including food groups, nutrients, oral health and drinks, diets and allergies, menu planning and food hygiene.|
|Event Learning Outcomes||By the end of this course, learners will:
• Understand the importance of healthy eating
• Understand legislation around food and nutrition relevant to early years
• Be able to develop the knowledge and attitudes of children towards healthy eating
• Understand the nutrients children need and why
• Be aware of appropriate portion sizes for young children
• Inclusively support different dietary requirements of children
• Be able to plan healthy, balanced and inclusive menus
• Consult with parents and children to develop menus and policies
• Be able to develop a food and nutrition policy.
Learners will be able to claim three CPD hours towards their professional development and will receive a certificate upon completion.
|Course categories||Wellbeing at Work|
Please login to view costs applicable to your Organisation.